It’s best see it in person but we have the next best thing…
Our outdoor Observation Deck at the top offers great ocean views. Often you can see the sea lions down below enjoying themselves — swimming, sunning on the rocks or climbing in and out of the water. You’ll likely see a great number of birds. You may even see a whale or two!
We do recommend bringing binoculars to get the best views.
See 360º view from the Top Observation Deck →
See 360º view Inside the Cave →
Things to See
Oregon Coast Fast Facts
- 362 miles from Columbia River to the California state line.
- Is often divided into regions: North, Central, and South. Sea lion Caves is in the Central Coast region
- Has Over 80 state parks and recreation areas
- You can hike the Oregon Coast Trail – 382 miles long – passing through public beaches, towns, and state parks.
- Gray whales, orcas, humpback whale, and harbor porpoises can be spotted from the shore, depending on the season.
- More than 14 species of seabirds nest and raise their young on the Coast.
- 11 lighthouses remain along the coast. 7 are open to the public.