Our outdoor Observation Deck at the top offers great ocean views. Often you can see the sea lions down below enjoying themselves — swimming, sunning on the rocks or climbing in and out of the water. You’ll likely see a great number of birds. You may even see a whale or two!
We do recommend bringing binoculars to get the best views.
See 360º view from the Top Observation Deck →
See 360º view Inside the Cave →
Things to See
Oregon Coast Fast Facts
- 362 miles from Columbia River to the California state line.
- Is often divided into regions: North, Central, and South. Sea lion Caves is in the Central Coast region
- Has Over 80 state parks and recreation areas
- You can hike the Oregon Coast Trail – 382 miles long – passing through public beaches, towns, and state parks.
- Gray whales, orcas, humpback whale, and harbor porpoises can be spotted from the shore, depending on the season.
- More than 14 species of seabirds nest and raise their young on the Coast.
- 11 lighthouses remain along the coast. 7 are open to the public.